In accordance with Article 13(1) and (2) of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (GDPR), I would like to inform that:
The Administrator of Personal Data is Rentalvans Company with its registered office in Balice at Przemysłowa 23A Street.
Purpose and Processing of Personal Data
Rentalvans Company processes personal details of Customers to the purpose of proper conclusion and performance of the rental agreement. This means that these data are needed in particular for:
- reservation of a car,
- concluding rental agreement,
- settlement of the agreement,
- to make the vehicle ordered by the Customer available.
Type of Personal Data
In order to conclude the agreement with Rentalvans, the customer must provide his name, surname, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail, payment information – such as credit/debit card details, driving license details and a second document – such as passport or ID card.
During the rental period, Rentalvans will collect the following information: place and time of rental, where and when the vehicle was returned, fuel consumption, mileage travelled, accident history and other information about the vehicle and how it was used by the Customer.
Rentalvans Company will also collect information on any speeding, parking in prohibited place or other offences committed by the customer during the rental period. The above data may be made available only to entities entitled to obtain data, law enforcement authorities (the Police or the Municipal Guard) or administration authorities.
Legal Grounds of Processing Personal Data
Rentalvans Company processes personal details of Customers in accordance with the provisions of the General Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
Customer data is processed by Rentalvans with their consent, expressed at the time of confirmation of the entered request for reservation of the vehicle through the website rentalvans.com. The expression of consent for processing of personal data by the customer is completely voluntary. However, the lack of consent prevents reservation of the car.
In relation to processing of customer’s personal data by the Rentalvans Company, they are entitled to:
- Right of access to Personal Data
The Customer has the right to access his personal data collected by Rentalvans, in particular the right to be informed about the purpose of processing his personal data, the category of personal data, and to obtain a copy of his personal data.
- Right to correct Personal Data
The Customer has the right to demand that Rentalvans rectify his personal data without delay. Taking into account the purposes of processing, the Customer has the right to demand that incomplete personal data be supplemented by making an appropriate statement.
- Right to request removal of Personal Data
The Customer has the right to demand removal of his personal data, or certain personal data in a situation where:
- personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the customer has withdrawn his consent to processing;
- the customer made an objection to processing of his personal data or they were processed in an unlawful manner.
In case that the customer requests removal of personal data, the personal data will be kept for a period necessary to establish, pursue and protect the claims in relation to the services provided by Rentalvans.
- Right to limit processing of Personal Data
The Customer has a right to demand limiting processing of personal data in the following cases:
- questioning the correctness of collected personal data by the Rentalvans;
- processing of Customer’s personal data is unlawful, and instead of removing personal data the Customer demands to limit processing, at the same time objecting their removal;
- when the Customer’s personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or used by Rentalvans, but is needed by the Customer to establish, pursue or defend its claims;
- when the Customer made an objection to processing – then limiting processing of personal data takes place for the time necessary to establish whether the protection of interests, rights and freedoms of the Customer takes precedence over the interests pursued by Rentalvans in processing of personal data of that Customer.
- Right to withdraw consent
The Customer has the right to revoke the previously granted consent for the processing of personal data.
- Right to transfer of Personal Data
The Customer is entitled to request that the personal data held by Rentalvans be released and then to transfer this data to another chosen administrator. Personal data will be released in a commonly used format that is machine-readable and letting for the data received to be transferred to another administrator of Personal Data.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority
The User is entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority against the processing of personal data by Rentalvans.
Duration of storage of Personal Data
The Customer’s personal data will be processed for a period necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected or on the basis of a legitimate interest on the part of Rentalvans.
Contact on Personal Data
- For general inquiries regarding the processing of Personal Data by Rentalvans, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to exercise your rights (right of access to Personal Data, right of rectification, right to limit Personal Data, right to remove Personal Data, right to transfer Personal Data) you may submit your request to: email@example.com